Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Conversations with men... or A "man", in particular.

I don't know how you can go through life with a certain belief system, some being stereotypes, and others just being fucking ridiculous things to believe for anyone, ever.

It's mind boggling for me when you're supposed to do something, that I CAN'T do for you, and you say, "When am I supposed to have the time for that?" or "I don't have time for that."

And, these things you're supposed to do... are thing people do DAILY. Everyone does them! People who don't work AND people who DO WORK! Just because you have a job, doesn't give you the right to say you don't "have time" to do something IMPORTANT, and something you should have done like 10 years ago, because YOU HAVE TO FUCKING DO IT! You can't NOT do it...

There are very few things I can't do for you. But this is one of those things. I can go with you. I can be there while you do it, but I cannot pretend to be you, I cannot say I am you and sign your name. They will look at me and say, "Sorry, Miss, but you're not A MAN!"

I cannot fight your battles for you. I cannot be you and do everything for you. I've done my best to do other things, I can lie on the phone and tell people I'm your wife so you don't have to make a phone call, but when you have to do things in person for yourself... I don't know what you want from me.

I try to help you, and all you do is yell at me and say, "I don't have time for this shit! I have to work!"

.... seriously? You truly believe your only responsibility in the world is to work? And as long as you do that, you don't have to do anything else, because everything else is my job? Also known as, the woman's job?

Well, fuck you.

Because at least ONE DAY during the week, usually Tuesday's or Wednesday's, you don't have to be at work until 2 or 3PM, so, YES YOU DO HAVE THE FUCKING TIME to go to the DMV, or make a fucking phone call, but you'd rather sit at home and play FF14 on your computer than be a fucking adult and get your own car insurance. But in order to do that, the car HAS TO BE IN YOUR NAME. NOT YOUR MOMMY'S.

I also can't go to a lawyer for you, and get legal advice on how to get custody of your son, because HE'S YOUR SON. And ... if you don't have time to do any of this ^ ^ ^ .,. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TIME TO BE A FULL TIME DAD?? Oh, that's right... you won't.

That will become my job as well...

I swear, sometimes, I feel like the only difference between you and my kids father is that you have a job... and while that is a plus, ALL the rest... really isn't.

I know there is no such thing as the perfect man, or woman, or person... and we all know I have my faults, but come on... have a LITTLE autonomy. I can't always be the one who does everything else but work. Because what happens when I go back to work? What will your excuse be then?

Not only will I have to work, but I'll have to come home and be a full time mom and wife, and cook and clean, and go to doctors appointments, and stay home with my kid when he's sick, and take care of ... everything. Except the liter box... I know you always clean the liter box... but everything else... It's almost like I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment